Saturday, June 9, 2012

Photo of the Day: Jermaine and Michael

                                Michael Jackson and Jermaine Jackson, circa 1972                                     (Property of R. Alexander, all rights reserved)
I am a big, big Jacksons fan. While digging through some photos with my cousins at their deceased mother's house we came across this. I got excited, to say the least!  I wondered how my aunt got a photo of my two favorite Jackson brothers, Michael and Jermaine so early in the Jacksons career.

My father's family is from Dallas county, Alabama.  During the 1960's and early 1970's my cousin Betty attended Tuskegee (Institute) University. While there she met a group of college students, including Milan Williams and Tom Joyner. Milan was the keyboardist for a college band, The Commodores.  Milan and Betty dated for quite some time and eventually became engaged, though they never married.  The Commodores signed to Motown and opened for the Jackson 5 while touring in the early 1970's possibly 1972.  This is when I suspect this photo was taken. They are inside an airplane enjoying a quick relaxing moment  with someone who may be their tour manager.


This picture find was so phenomenally awesome  to me that I just had to share it on the blog. 



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome find!

Monique DeNiro said...

That is fab. I enjoyed the info on Betty and Milan as well. So, cool.

LindaRe said...

Jermaine and Tito were my favorites. What a wonderful find.

Root Digger said...

So cool!!!

Melvin Collier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melvin Collier said...

That is too cool!